Forum / FAQ / How to create a separate wall/Drawing a wall

Hey guys,

there is no a comprehensive option to Draw a wall or to drag a separate wall to the layout.
You are able to drag and drop different shapes of Rooms from the Rooms library straight to your layout.
The option for creating separate walls:
- Drag a whole Room, hide 3 walls and leave one to stay
- You can connect all point to a one single line
- Create a separate wall using Magic cube item (find the last one option in Rooms section)
For the magic cube item: any doors or windows will not snap to magic cube, so in case you want to insert doors and windows to the wall, created with magic cube - it will not work, use the first option, though.
2016-07-19 14:59:02
How can it be that you can't add a wall? It's the most basic option for any kind of planning???? Can you guys fix this? it seems like a real problem!

2016-10-27 20:36:02
Hi Leila,

To be honest, I signed up for this service yesterday as I saw some great advanced features where I consider adding a wall being something very basic that every online planner has and should have.

To find out that it doesn't have this feature where you can add a wall is beyond crazy. It's like going to an icecream shop where they don't have a vanilla flavour, and I can think of 10 different examples where it's crazy not to have that must-have basic element.

Please let us know that you are going to add this feature very shortterm, otherwise I just made a big mistake by signing up for this service.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Visser

2016-10-31 12:29:34
To: Andrew
Hi, Andrew,

If this feature will be implemented into Planner5D, we will surely inform You.
2016-11-04 08:52:10
Sorry, but because of this, I've already moved onto other online planner. Some are basic, but even they can add walls. Just using planner5d for the real midiocre stuff like certain measurements. A shame.

I mean.. Not being able to add a wall (and therefor rooms) when planning your house.

Do you hear how ridicilous that sounds?

Regards,
Andrew
2016-11-13 11:11:47
Yep this has also maddened me while trying to use this programme. I would like to adjust the height of some of my walls. Real shame. Moving on.
2016-11-16 14:01:27
Hello,

Thank You for Your remarks.
2016-11-17 08:16:21
Hey Andrew, hi guys,

thanks for your feedback, though actually me personally not feeling any shame about the app. To be honest, it is other way around, very proud.
Why?
First of all, it's easy to use. Well, I guess it's too easy even to use sometimes.
I am not an interior design, but I managed to do really beautiful projects with this app and I am not the exception. Check out our gallery for more beautiful images.
Regarding walls: well, if we add such feature to add a separate wall, then you would have even more troubles with: cutting wholes for each door and window.
For now, it is made easier to use: add a whole room, then the doors simply snap to the wall. That's it! Instead of wasting like 2 hours, you'll waste some 2 minutes for this. And even though, there is a hack on Planner 5D on how to make a separate wall, which is not such a pain in the ass, actually.
So just add a magic cube item, set the exact measurements and you are done with the separate wall.

Moreover, the app is cheap. I mean the additional features to buy. I mean it is too cheap actually. If I were a founder, I would make it even more expensive. But the company is too kind with organising sometimes contests and giving full catalog access for free.

What I agree with: adding more textures, such as glass,adding more elements like round ones, to create more round stuff. And this is in the process. You won't believe how the small team of only several people is managing to create and develop such an amazing product.

So, guys, if you found another better solution, stop complaining about this. I am sure millions of people who are using Planer 5D for lot of years will definitely won't agree with you.

Wishing a nice day, week, weekend, life, etc.

Being proud,

Leila
2016-11-17 08:40:06
Wow. I thought the ideas were good and can make this product better. Sorry to see that Planner 5d's response to some good advice is to tell folks to go elsewhere. That sort of customer responsiveness will not make this app viable in the long run.

Joe
2017-02-25 19:32:52
Hello,

Planner5D team values client offers and ideas.

Time to time new functions are and will be implemented.
2017-02-27 07:23:06
Hey Guys,
all i want to ask is it possible to paint the exterior walls of a house in planner 5D
i will be grateful for any help.
2017-03-11 14:40:04
Hello,

Of course, it is possible.

Click on the inner wall once;

A menu will appear, choose "Paintbrush" icon.

Another menu will pop up on the left side, choose inner wall.
2017-03-13 08:27:38
Thx for your help bro you save me
2017-04-18 19:23:25
You're welcome.
2017-04-19 06:54:22
Leila, your response to their/my request is awful, not to mention your poor grammar usage. No one is going to purchase your "cheap" extra features if you can't get the basic features correct. You shouldn't have to use a "hack" to do such an essential and basic task. Thoroughly ruins this program, I'll take my chances with a more practical application.

2017-05-11 19:39:31
Leila, your response to their/my request is awful, not to mention your poor grammar usage. No one is going to purchase your "cheap" extra features if you can't get the basic features correct. You shouldn't have to use a "hack" to do such an essential and basic task. Thoroughly ruins this program, I'll take my chances with a more practical application.

2017-05-11 19:39:31
Hello,

Thank You for Your opinion and remarks.

New options are developed constantly and will be implemented.

Besides, in my opinion, a bit of a challenge does not hurt and enhances creativity of Your own.

Have a good day
2017-05-12 03:53:51
Hi, I want to place a door exactly 25cm from a wall. How can I do it? Thank you, P
2017-06-14 22:49:40
Hello,

You mean, aside from the wall, like in my screenshot?
2017-06-15 06:06:44
Hello -

I found this program to be fairly useful, and easy to use. I do have a few recommendations.
- Being able to add a single wall would be incredibly helpful.
- Occasionally walls get "Anchored" to each other, and it is difficult to get them unstuck without deleting an entire room
- It would be nice to save multiple versions of the same project. For example, If we wanted the new bathroom over here vs. over here.
- It would be nice to be able to select multiple items, and either move them all or copy/paste them all.
2017-06-20 22:22:39
Good day,

1st and 2nd prepositions noted, our team is working on it.

3rd- could You explain a little bit more?

4th- https://planner5d.com/forum/post/24328/
2017-06-21 03:58:53
Sign in to_reply
Edit_topic
Sign in
with
or forgot?
or
Forgot password
OK